.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Scrutineering Day 5

With the r3 Solar Car qualified, today was mostly a tweaking day, and for spectating. The team watched as other cars tried to qualify, and by the time they left, less than 15 cars, including the Red River Raycer, had passed all scrutineering and qualifying tests.

Eating, sleeping and laundry washing, basic functions of normal living, have all been neglected for this project. Today, the team makes up for some of that. Back at the hotel, they re-energize their bodies and minds, and get some well-deserved rest. Fred finally sleeps, although for only the next 5 hours, and the team prepares for the challenge ahead.

Tomorrow, more tweaking and testing before the car is impounded by the race officials.

Comments:
Hi Guys, it's me...Dean (a dean not the Dean)

You have done what many people thought wouldn't happen. You have overcome a million and a half little problems (and a few biggies) none of which with an answer in the back of a book. Passing scrutineering was likely the biggest hurdle of them all. Now it's all endurance.

See you back in the 'peg.

Dean "Glowing With Pride" Laughren
 
When I first heard about your plans to build the Raycer I thought it was a great idea. When I heard when it had to be done by I was skeptical.

Having seen the final result I was impressed. When I saw that you qualified I was so proud of you all. You have done an incredible job.

Keep cool and good luck in the race.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?